Monday 3 December 2012

Websites

I have difficulty in getting the inspiration to post my own website.

Although possessing the relevant skills to do it myself. I find the idea of posting me up there, slightly intrusive. Plus its not true to the images, now this sounds wanky as hell but the theory is based on this.

To stop me messing with my paintings. I take a picture of them, So I can view them in a different way, if the image works then I deem the painting to be finished. Trouble is this image becomes something different, I have noticed how reproduced images, Usually JPEGs do more justice to the painted work than looking at it with your own peepholes. In very few cases it lets down all but the truly awesome pictures.

I also note that as an artist of any type, some sort of posting is required whether it be it myspace, tumbler ( I take part in that one) Wikipedia or your own site, this makes it’s easy for the pursuer of information to track you down, this is not necessarily a bad thing, but once up, it’s up until amended. It’s an all too easy medium for snap shots of irrelevant drivel. Posting items like this with no relevance at all to the white noise that clutters up everything.

So for the moment I would like to sit in on an analog 1979 and consider things. It not that I am anti-web its part of my work, part of my inspiration, but struggling with this is still twisting the website idea over in my head.

No comments:

Post a Comment